The best time to travel to Bolivia is all year round. The country is characterized by a very varied climate, thanks to the great variety of landscapes and altitudes.
- The high mountains: May to December
- Lowlands: all year round
- You can visit Bolivia all year round;
- The country is situated in the southern hemisphere so the seasons in Bolivia are exactly opposite to the seasons in Europe;
- May to December are the best months to visit Bolivia because of the sunny days and crystal clear skies;
- Summer in Bolivia is at the same time as the rainy season, local downpours could occur;
- In the highlands it can considerably cooldown in the morning, in the evening and at night with temperatures to freezing point.
The best time to travel to Bolivia when travelling with children
As mentioned before, May till September is the best travel period for Bolivia. In this period you will have spring break and summer holidays in Europe. It is also possible to travel to Bolivia during the Christmas holidays, although there might be a downpour more often because of the rainy season. Visit together with your children Lake Titicaca, where you can get acquainted with the indigenous Quechua and Aymara people on the islands and the shores around the lake.
Would you like to make a trip through Bolivia yourself and are you curious about the possibilities? Then take a look at our trip Bolivia and Peru which we have put together for inspiration. You can book these trip directly, but we also like to create a personal program based on your wishes and ideas.
Do you have questions? Please feel free to contact us. Call +31 73 610 62 04 or send an e-mail to email@example.com. We are happy to help you.