Costa Rica is recognized as one of the happiest countries in the world. With its tropical rainforests, wildlife and pristine white sandy beaches, this is no wonder. Already a good reason to visit Costa Rica, but there are more reasons. Below we give you 5 reasons why you should not miss Costa Rica.
Nature and a rich wild life
A trip through Costa Rica is characterized by a wide variety of nature and a rich wild life. It is therefore an absolute must for nature lovers. Costa Rica can roughly be divided into 6 areas that all have a unique flora and fauna.
- Central highlands: the middle of the country is characterized by volcanoes, mountain peaks and coffee plantations;
- North Costa Rica: near the border with Nicaragua you will find the lowlands, grasslands and agricultural areas. It is the natural habitat of several water birds;
- Guanacaste: in the northwest of the country you will find the special dry forest, but also the beautiful beaches on the Pacific coast;
- Pacific Coast: under the Guanacaste region you will find even more beaches, but also impressive natural parks. The region forms the transition between the dry coastal ecosystem and the wetlands of the Andes, making it very varied;
- Caribbean Coast: on the other side, Costa Rica borders the Caribbean coast, green blankets of rainforest turn into white sandy beaches that end in the bright blue sea. Tortoises nest here every year and you can do great snorkelling here. The atmosphere is tropical and relaxed;
- South Costa Rica: the south is less known, but no less beautiful. The area invites adventure. The highlight is the Corcovado National Park. The dense and pristine rainforest is a good place to spot wildlife such as monkeys, crocodiles, jaguars and birds.
A big advantage is that the travel distances in Costa Rica are not large. This makes it possible to visit several areas of the country in one trip.
Relax, wellness and spas
After an adventurous and active day in the nature of Costa Rica it is of course also nice to relax in the evening. After all, you're on vacation. Luckily Costa Rica is also an excellent destination to relax in the middle of nature. Relaxing and enjoying is part of the daily life of the Tico's (the locals). For example, the Nicoya peninsula in Guanacaste is one of the blue zones where people live longer and healthier lives than anywhere else in the world. The calcium-rich water in this area, healthy food, family life and the lifestyle 'pura vida' are secrets for a long life.
So the Ticos know how to relax and during your tour you can certainly experience this. The country has a variety of good wellness and spa resorts. You can enjoy innovative relaxation techniques such as body wraps, where volcanic mud, coffee, tropical fruit and chocolate are used to moisturize your skin.
Driving with a rental car
We've said before that travelling by car is one of the most beautiful ways to discover a country or area. This gives you the opportunity to stop where you want to and get to places you wouldn't otherwise have been. Costa Rica is a country that you can visit very well by rental car. The distances are not big, so you'll never be in the car for long. The routes often run through natural parks and are therefore breathtakingly beautiful. It gives a feeling of freedom and you can stop at those beautiful places to see even more of the surroundings.
Unique and small-scale accommodations
Not only the nature is special but also the accommodations where you can stay. For a tour through Costa Rica we work with a unique range of accommodations that are located in special locations. In the middle of the rainforest, surrounded by wild animals. Beautiful cabañas located directly on the beach or higher up in the mountains with a 180 degree view over the surrounding forest and the Caribbean Sea in the background. Here everything is taken care of down to the last detail and this completes the experience of a round trip. Wake up in the morning by playing monkeys and look out over the rainforest while enjoying a fresh breakfast with tropical fruits. In the restaurants of the hotels you can sit down for a good dinner with local dishes and finish your evening with a cocktail in a hammock on your private balcony. This sounds amazing, doesn't it?
Are you curious about Costa Rica and would you like to make a trip through this green country yourself? Then take a look at the travel itineraries that we have put together for inspiration. You can book these trips directly, but we are also happy to create a personal programme based on your wishes and ideas.
Do you have a direct question? Please feel free to contact us. Call +31 73 610 62 04 or send an email to email@example.com. We are happy to help.