- We want to make sure that people enjoy Latin America as much as we do. We strive to create new ambassadors for all the beauty that this diverse and colourful continent has to offer.
- We realise that we are merely barrowing our planet from our future generations and therefore, we want all our activities to make a positive contribution to preserving the natural resources and cultures in the areas in which we operate.
- We will continue to invest in our personal development, and the establishment and maintenance of lasting relationships based on the win-win principle. This way, not only we, but also future generations will be able to enjoy Latin America.
In order to organise beautiful and unique journeys, where we create unforgettable moments and stay true to our core values, it is important that we know and can trust our local network in Latin America. We have known most of the people that we work with for many years now. with many of them, we have also built a personal and friendly relationship. We all share the same philosophy when it comes to organise unique journeys and we have the same core values. Our friendship does not prevent us from critically addressing each other when there is room for improvement.
Positive contribution of sustainable tourism
No matter how or what, travelling creates an ecological footprint. Together with our local partners, we strive to keep it as low as possible. We do this by banning disposable plastic such as water bottles and straws, for example. But even if we do our best to keep our ecological footprint as low as possible and compensate all our journeys, we cannot deny the existence of the carbon footprint in the travel industry.
However, sustainable travel means so much more than just keeping our footprint as low as possible. We believe that sustainable travel makes a positive contribution to nature, the environment and culture in various ways;
- With sustainable travelling, we make sure to make it is of economical importance for both local communities and governments to preserve and protect nature reserves and cultures for our future generations.
- With sustainable travel, we offer local communities the opportunity for education and an income.
- With sustainable travel, we ensure interaction between our travellers and the local people, enabling us to create understanding for each other. We believe that a better world starts with understanding each other and focusing on our similarities, rather than our differences.
- With sustainable travel, we create ambassadors who underline and support the importance and preservation of nature and culture in the areas that we travel to.
We encourage the use of renewable energy sources such as solar energy, working with local products, and striving to recycle as much as possible. We also consider it very important to contribute with our local partners to the positive development of the local population and preservation of Latin American nature and culture. We, as Sapa Pana Travel, continue to look for such initiatives.
Black Jaguar Foundation
The Black Jaguar Foundation is realising the most ambitious reforestation project in Brazil. The Black Jaguar Foundation has a clear objective: to plant indigenous trees on a gigantic scale, resulting in the realisation of the Araguaia Biodiversity Corridor, the longest nature corridor on earth: 2600 km long and 40 km wide. In this way, they want to restore the balance between nature and humans.More about Black Jaguar Foundation
Another example of such an initiative is the HoPe Foundation. Since the foundation of Sapa Pana Travel in 2003, the work of the HoPe Foundation has been supported. This foundation operates in the remote mountain villages around the Peruvian city of Cuzco and is particularly committed to the development of education.Read more about HoPe Foundation
Sapa Pana Travel and Latin America
Our aim is to maximise the positive impact of our journeys and to keep the negative impact as low as possible. Not only do we want our travellers to enjoy Latin America as much as we do ourselves, but we also want to offer this opportunity to our future generations. This can only be done by treating the planet that we live on, in a responsible and respectful way.